Spring Breathes New life into the World around Us
Looking for a few Spring Decorating Ideas Without Leaving Your House? Decorating your home may or may not be a high priority for many people right now. However, as an interior designer, I can guarantee you that your environment plays a role in how you feel in your home. When your home feels comfortable, it affects your mood and your health. Spring is a time for new life and growth. Spring Breathes New Life into the World around Us.
Spring Decorating Ideas Without Leaving Your House
Here are a few quick, no-cost or low-cost ideas for bringing in the feeling and freshness of Spring into your home, without having to leave your house.
- Flowers and branches cut from your back yard make great centerpieces for your dining table, kitchen island or coffee table. I love the look of white birch branches or local greenery as a centerpiece.
- Rearrange the furniture. You may need a little help with this one, but trying some new arrangements in key areas of your home will make your home feel fresh and new.
- Switch around your artwork and accessories. Switching accessories from one room to the next can create a renewed feeling.
- Style a bookcase or table top. Take cues from your favorite designer online and style a few vignettes.
- Dinner Party Nights. Go ahead and bring out your best china, use linen napkins, maybe a few candles, and set a beautiful dining room table even if it’s just for your immediate family. Check out our Blog on “Beautiful Table Settings”
- Paint abstract art with your kids’ paint supplies.
- Decorate with fruits and citrus if you have some on hand or have trees in your backyard. Use a large crystal or wooden bowl.
- Organize pantries, drawers, cabinets. Throw out those old outdated spices. Make a box of old clothing for Goodwill.
- Shop online for new colorful bed linens. Check our our Blog on “Styling Your Bed Like a Stylist”
- Update the photos in your framed photos.
Thinking about a design project? We can work with you remotely. Schedule a complimentary 15-minute discovery phone call.